Production Blog: What music is horrifying..


 Hii Blog, I’m back. Today is the first class period since we finished our editing process at Owen’s house. I think today is one of the hardest dates since we choose our music. In the beginning when first heard of the project and developed our idea. A song that at the moment was stuck in my head was ‘United at Grief’ by Kendrick Lamar. When I informed my teacher she told us we would need permission from the producer/singer or our film would be copyrighted. After she explained the process to get rights, my group and I began writing our email to  TDE Business which is Kendricks producing company. After I typed up the email and sent it. I noticed that they had sent me an email back almost instantaneously. This was due to them having their email inbox full. It was a good thing we started this process since the beginning to have time to have a plan B. I researched other ways to get in contact with his team but it was impossible. I, then called my group and told them it will not be a possibility to use this song. I also gave them an alternative of the website  LICKD in which we could purchase the rights too any songs. Sadly, ‘United in Grief’ was not one that we were able to buy. After researching online we found royalty free music and searched up spooky. We chose two of the first ones for our film and placed it where there was no dialogue. Although this songs have no lyrics it was still useful go get the effect we wanted. Our next step is to get our peer review to finalize our project. Bye blog, the final product is almost closer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title research: Don’t worry darling (2022)

Planning blog: Script